Albania – l’ultima frontiera
Europe’s final frontier
A holiday on the Albanian Riviera might sound like a Borat-style joke, but Benji Lanyado finds beautiful empty coves, €30 a night beach huts and locals who welcome him into their homes
- The Guardian
- Saturday August 11 2007
It’s the middle of summer, I’m on a beautiful beach in the Ionian, and I can’t see a single person. In the distance I can just about trace the path of the occasional car swinging down the mountain road like a slow-motion marble run, but that’s it. I can’t help giggling. I don’t know what’s more surprising – that there is 50 miles of “undiscovered” coast in southern Europe, or that it’s in Albania.
Europe’s Mediterranean coast has been done. Spain, France, Italy, Croatia. Even Montenegro, the world’s newest country, was heaving when I visited this summer; the Rolling Stones played there a few days after I left. Much of Turkey’s coast has been packaged, and don’t get me started on Greece. Sure, you can get away from the hordes, but how far?
2 commenti »
- biznesi i vogel ne legjislacionin tatimor
- Privatizohet OSSH – miratohet kontrata ne parlament
- The beaches that time forgot
- FINANZIAMENTI REGIONALI, NAZIONALI, UE, STRUMENTI SIMEST
- 500 mln EUR per infrastrutture stradali
- Privatizzazione settore energetico
- ALBANIA: IL PROCESSO DI PRIVATIZZAZIONE PER L’ARMO SH.A.
- ALBANIA: LAVORI DI RICOSTRUZIONE PER IL PORTO DI DURAZZO
- ALBANIA: IMPRENDITORI ITALIANI PRESENTANO STUDIO PER LO SFRUTTAMENTO DEL FIUME SHKUMBIN
- Romano Prodi a Tirana il 3 dicembre – ENERGIA
- ACEGAS-APS 8 PROGETTI IN ALBANIA
- Cambia la normativa sugli appalti